Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I'm applying for a full time job at the White House

It's the dream of every intern at the White House to get a real paying job working for President George Bush.

So you can imagine my excitement when I walked into the staff cafeteria today and saw a great job opening posted on the Help Wanted board. It read:

Needed Soon!

DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF

Qualifications:

-No criminal record
-Ability to carry out strategy without getting caught
-No known affiliation to Robert Novak


Heck, that's practically my entire my resume.

188
I suppose Mr. Rove is being promoted or something because he's practically President Bush's best friend. Interesting enough, I went over to Mr. Rove's office to ask his advice on applying for the job. I was about to knock on the door when I heard this really loud sobbing coming from inside.

Then I heard this shouting which can't be repeated in fine company. It went something like...

"F--k that prissy Bob Novak."

F--K Time Magazine. Can't those f--kers hold on to their f--king notes like other f--king journalists."

Then there was more loud sobbing.

I decided to apply without Mr. Rove's help.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beaver said...

Well Good luck with that ! I'm sure that with your blindingly insightful views and your extended and pertinent curriculum, you'll do just fine. You'll fit just right in !

(Don't worry about these jobless PhD's - you'll outrank them by far !)

5:24 PM  
Blogger Christine Brannan said...

And Dang, Nancy Jo, seeing that you are entry level.. your salary requirements may really help the economy...

5:45 PM  
Blogger Jerry said...

Nancy Jo, I'm sure you'd do a bang-up job! Don't concern yourself about the shouting. You know it could have been Karl practicing his Dick Cheney voice. Vice President Cheney uses words like that even on the Senate floor. People pay attention to him, too, when he gets going. Karl is more than likely working on being a little more like him. I don't know what the sobbing might have been. I suppose it could have been some poor White House Intern who didn't understand what's going on, or maybe some relative of Judith Miller. Don't let it ruin YOUR day.

Good luck!

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<%radio.macros.staticSiteStatsImage ()%>