Thursday, August 04, 2005

Postcard from Crawford

BushCowboys
One of the great traditions of the George Bush administration is that every time President Bush goes on vacation, he sends the interns a postcard that we place on our bulletin board. The picture on the card generally contains a cow, cowboy or both.

We just received our 50th postcard from a very thoughtful president.

Here's what he wrote:

Deer inturns,
It sure is relaxin being away from all that war and terror goings-on. I'm keepin my mind active though. Played 6 games of checkers in an hour against my secret service agent and won them all. I jest don't understand how I never can beat Laura. See you all in 5 or 6 weeks. Don't start any wars without me. Ha ha.
Your president,
George W. Bush
P.S. If Dick Cheney tries touchin anything in the Oval Office, jest shoo him away.


I love you President Bush (in an avuncular way).

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

Hey, Nancy Jo. I think I said before that I've been concerned about GW. He probably needs some time off. I've been gettin' the impression that he might just be a bit under the stress lately. I mean, what about calling you Monica, for instance? What about him giving the press the finger the other day? Seems like protecting all us Americans from terrorists is a real pressure-packed job. I already knew how "hard" it was. He told us all that in the debates last year. Well, I hope he comes back all refreshed.

Come to think of it, though, fifty postcards sounds like a lot, Nancy Jo. Are you sure there are fifty postcards? Ten vacations a year is a BUNCH of vacations! Well, I guess he needs 'em.

I hope they're finding stuff for you to do there in Washington while he's away.

5:05 PM  
Blogger orangeroom said...

I'd bet that all 50 of thoes postcards are of Crawford, Texas.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<%radio.macros.staticSiteStatsImage ()%>