Thursday, September 29, 2005

Tom DeLay — Victim of Democrats' grudge

I was speaking to my Daddy last night, long distance to Waco, Texas. He sounded kind of depressed on account of the "witch hunt", as he calls it, against Congressman Tom DeLay.

DelayBalls
"One of my first summer jobs," Daddy said, "was working for Mr. DeLay's pest control company. I used to spray for bugs right alongside Mr. DeLay. He always said that if he could figure out a way to spray for Mexicans, he'd really be making money." Daddy kind of chuckled but his heart didn't seem to be in it.

"You want to know something, Nancy Jo. This whole Tom DeLay indictment is just Democratic payback. Those Democrats just never got over that incident in Dallas with Kennedy. They're still P.O'ed and now they're trying to assassinate the character of the best Texan in Congress."
Kennedy


"Lee Harvey Oswald wasn't a Republican Daddy," I said. "I thought he was a communist. At least, that's what you always told me."

"Nancy Jo, I was just trying to spare you."

"I can't believe a Republican would assassinate a president of the United States," I said in one of those rare occasions when I contradicted Daddy.

"It was payback time for the killing of Lincoln, a northerner, but still a Republican."

"But Lincoln was killed almost a century before Kennedy."

"It seems that both parties have long memories," Daddy said. "If you think of the Republicans and Democrats like Shiites and Sunnis, I think you'll have a better idea of our government."

"You've been drinking again, haven't you Daddy?" He hung up before I could say another word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<%radio.macros.staticSiteStatsImage ()%>