Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Girls...There are some great looking single Republicans

I've been in Washington for nearly two months and I've got to admit I get a little lonesome from time to time. I mentioned this to my co-intern friend Trisha and she said she'd heard of a great way to meet some fine Republican fellows who'd be real gentlemen (unlike that O'Reilly fellow.)

Trisha said we simply had to join the Log Cabin Republicans. It sounded like fun. I wondered if they had some sort of clubhouse that was made to look like a log cabin.
Lincoln
I guess the name honors
Lincoln, an adequate president
for a northerner


Last night was the first meeting that we've attended. It was held in the Mary Cheney Room at the Shoreham and I've got to admit I've never been in a room with so many men who were so courteous. Not one of them made a lewd comment to either Trisha or me, even though we're quite presentable. It was a relief to be among such fine gentlemen.

I guess the evening was a kind of mixer although the only other women there were a couple of waitresses and two women who seemed to be dressed for motorcycle riding. What were they thinking? No fellow wants to go out with a woman who doesn't care about how she looks in public. I knew those two were no competition.

I suppose the Log Cabin Republicans are kind of a shy bunch and so aren't really good at getting the word out when they're having a party and inviting some young ladies. A few times during the evening I suggested that I might be able to bring along a few of my female co-interns to the next mixer but there didn't seem to be much interest.

I think we picked a pretty fun night to come. They had a singing contest. There were three fellows from the Justice Department dressed in long gowns. They called themselves The Supremes and sang a great renditon (oops, can't say rendition anymore) of "You can't hurry love." There were a bunch from the State Department dressed up like a policeman, an Indian chief, a construction worker and so on. They really got the crowd enthusiastic.

Later on, they had a kind of Mr. Universe pageant, I guess in honor of Republican Governor Schwarznegger. Although I try real hard to keep lustful thoughts from my mind, I have to admit I never thought American-born Republicans could have bodies like the fellows up on stage. The winner was a well-known reporter for the Republican media although I hadn't heard of him. I just got his first name, Jeff.

I must admit I was a bit disappointed that none of the Log Cabin boys asked me out for Saturday night but I expect I'll be seeing most of them in church on Sunday morning.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI, NANCY JO, I'M ENJOYING YOUR BLOG. MAYBE YOU COULD GIVE US YOUR THOUGHTS ON WHY PATRIOTIC REPUBLICANS ARE SO INTERESTED IN OTHER PEOPLES SEX LIVES...IT SURE HAS ME WONDERING.

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gruessen NancyJo, from Kaernten, Austria

Just wrote to say we love your journal very much, and find it much more informative about the mysteries of the American Way of Life. Keep up the good work! I am sure you will be taught at prestige Ivey League schools like Ronald McDonald University.

P.S. You mispelled the name of my fellow Corinthian, Arnold Schwarzenegger. Incidentally, a inside joke. Schwartz means black, and negger means...well, I'm sure you can translate this without too much trouble.

Tschuss!

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<%radio.macros.staticSiteStatsImage ()%>