Thursday, May 12, 2005

President Bush does more in one hour than most folks do in a week

That was quite the scare yesterday with that potential terrorist Cessna buzzing the White House. (Fortunately, the Vice-President keeps fresh underwear in his desk drawer.)

Around noon the Secret Service told us to start running and I don't think I stopped until I got to West Virginia. Thank God, Homeland Security had worked out this great plan for just such a threat.

Of course, what was interesting and what a lot of ordinary folk don't know is that President George Bush is a master of time. For instance, during yesterday's threat on Washington, the President was mountain biking in Maryland.
bike


A lot of people might wonder what the President is doing in the middle of a business day, in the middle of the week, in the middle of a War on Terror, riding his bike.

The thing is, President Bush doesn't need to be in the White House that much. Every morning, he reads a summary of something or other, makes a decision and then others carry it out.

For instance, one morning he received a summary that showed Saddam Hussein had Weapons of Mass Destruction and the potential to build nuclear bombs and he decided to invade. No wasted time. By 10 o'clock, he was out skateboarding.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And... he is doing his part to conserve gas!!!!!

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the morning he was reading to a group of school kids?
I guess spoken word memos don't count ("The United States is under attack!"). It has to be written on a piece of paper.

This is a great blog!

Chris

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nancy Jo,Isn't this strange? I have a sister named Nancy. Who would've ever thunk that? Funny huh? But, I am a Canadian and we do odd things up here. It's not that we're ALL Communists or anything, but I do suspect several of my neighbours. One can't be too careful in these troubled times. And speaking of troubled times, here's something you will totally absolutely not believe! I was in Ottawa this past weekend and I walked over to the Parliament Buildings which is our version of the White House - only ours isn't white so we don't call it that - and, I swear this is true, there were people - little people (well not dwarfs or anything) but little, like regular people, that don't work in the government, walking all over the grounds of the place. There were people lying on the grass and sunning themselves and some of them even looked "swarthy"! Like you would be, I was appalled at the fact that people could get so close to their government. I know it would not happen there and I am sure you are thankful for that. I am sure you thank your god every day. Mine, apparently, doesn't listen as we still teach eveolution up here, and there's nothing I can do about it. Oh well. Just wanted to drop you a line and tell you how much I appreciate your point of view. Because there are not enough of us out there. Yours truly, John Canuck

2:12 PM  
Blogger William Duane said...

Nancy Jo, I linked your blog to mine. Fore!

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<%radio.macros.staticSiteStatsImage ()%>